What is the Stetson Bowl?
- It is a multi-use facility on the Cloverdale Rodeo site and was built in 1986 for Expo ’86 and was originally called the Kodak Bowl.
- It was converted into a baseball diamond in the late 80’s for one season
- There are 4,275+ permanent bleacher seats
- There are over 4,000 seats in the covered bleachers
- There are an additional 275 VIP seats In the bleachers
- There is 120,000 square feet of open space in front of the bleachers.
- The Cloverdale Facility / Stetson Bowl is:
- 30 minutes west of the Abbotsford Centre
- 40 minutes east of Queen Elizabeth Park in Downtown Vancouver
- 15 minutes north of the US/Canadian border (Truck Crossing)
- (If you travel to the event via the Trans-Canada Highway (Hwy 1) use Exit 53 and drive south)
The Stetson Bowl has been a multi-use facility since inception playing host to various events such as festivals, concerts, sporting events, on location sites for television and movies. Examples include:
- The Cloverdale Rodeo – hosting 40,000 to 100,000+ people annually since 1986
- Lollapalooza (1994)
- Various mainstream concerts – Country/EDM
- “Indo-Canadian” Concerts
- Moto Cross Events
- RCMP Musical Ride
- Horse Events
- Boxing Events
- Wrestling Events
- Extreme Runs
Additional venues on the property, including the Agri-plex and Millennium Park, have hosted concerts and events such as:
- Billy Graham’s Rock the River Event – http://www.canada.com/story_print.html?id=fd5ebc43-75d3-4b8b-9d8f-54e7b40280e8
- Canada Day
- Earth Day
- EDM Events
- Country Concerts
- Much more!
DO CHILDREN NEED TICKETS?
Yes, children 2 and older are required to have a ticket. Children under 2 do not require a ticket, if sitting in parent’s lap.
WHAT KIND OF ACTIVITIES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR KIDS?
A Family Fun Zone with inflatables & rides, crafts, face painting, balloon art, interactive games and more!
WILL THERE BE A CHARGE FOR THE KIDS’ ACTIVITIES?
Most children’s activities will be free of charge. However, there will be some premium children’s activities that will incur a small charge.
WHEN WILL PARKING LOTS OPEN?
Parking lots will be available from 10:00am until the end of the event – 10:00pm
IS THERE A CHARGE FOR PARKING?
Parking is included in your ticket price and will be available at Fraser Downs.
WHAT AREAS ARE GOING TO BE AVAILABLE FOR PARKING?
Parking will be all around the event grounds. Look for signs to direct you.
WILL GROUP DISCOUNTS BE AVAILABLE ON THE DAY OF SHOW?
No group purchases can only be made in advance of the performance.
WILL TICKETS BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE GATE ON THE DAY OF THE FESTIVAL?
Yes, based on availability. Day of show prices will be $5 more than advance tickets.
HOW MUCH WILL TICKETS BE ON THE DAY OF SHOW?
All ticket prices will go up by $5 for same-day purchases.
WHAT TIME WILL MY FAVORITE BAND BE PLAYING?
The final line-up and order of bands will not be finalized and announced until the show day. Listen to Praise 106.5 during the morning drive on the day of the show to get all of the details.
ARE LAWN CHAIRS PERMITTED?
Yes and are encouraged – Low backed lawn chairs, small blankets and seat cushions for the bleachers will all be permitted.
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
Show is RAIN OR SHINE. No refunds or exchanges. In case of rain, ponchos or light rain jackets are recommended. Umbrellas or other shelters are not allowed as they block visibility of the other guests.
ARE ICE CHESTS OR COOLERS ALLOWED WITH PERSONAL FOOD AND BEVERAGES?
NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES will be allowed into the Stetson Bowl unless there are medical reasons for special dietary needs.
CAN WE BRING BLANKETS IN?
Yes, please keep blankets to one per family.
WILL MY BELONGINGS/PURSE BE CHECKED BY SECURITY?
Yes, a standard bag check will take place.
ARE CAMERAS ALLOWED?
Yes, as long as they are not a professional camera or a camera with a massive zoom.
ARE VIDEO CAMERAS ALLOWED?
No video recording of any kind will be allowed. Uses of recorded videos with any device other than a smartphone are prohibited.
WHAT TIME DOES THE FESTIVAL START? WHAT TIME DOES IT END?
Gates open at 12:00pm
- Family Fun Zone opens at 12:00pm and closes at dark
- Show begins at 1:00pm – The event will end somewhere between 9:30pm and 10:00pm. Performances alternate between the Main Stage and Local Stage – and there may be more surprises in store!
WHEN WILL THE EVENT SCHEDULE BE AVAILABLE?
On the day of the show (August 7) at: http://www.praisefestbc.com/show-schedule/
ARE STROLLERS ALLOWED?
Absolutely, we want your whole family with us, let us know what else we can do to help accommodate you.
WILL THERE BE AN ATM AVAILABLE ONSITE?
Yes there sure will be.
WILL FOOD AND BEVERAGES BE AVAILABLE?
Yes, food and beverages will be available for purchase, including special dietary requirements such as gluten-free and sugar-free menu items.
IF WE TAKE A BREAK TO VISIT VENDOR BOOTHS WILL OUR SEATS STILL BE RESERVED?
Only reserved seating will remain reserved. If general admission seats are vacant, they are then available and open to anyone with a general admission ticket. You are responsible for your personal belongings.
WILL RE-ENTRY BE ALLOWED?
Only with special circumstances – but once you get in you won’t want to leave!!
LOST AND FOUND?
Lost and found and general information will be held at ‘Guest Services’ onsite at the fairgrounds. – Yes, office address is 6050a-176 St. (Cloverdale Fairground administration office)
WILL THERE BE OTHER EVENTS ON THE CLOVERDALE SITE ON THE NIGHT OF PRAISE FEST?
The Surrey Night Market will be taking place from 6:00pm to 11:00pm. This is a fun event featuring a wide variety of artisan booths, kids activities, etc. For more info go to: http://surreynightmarket.com/
Please be respectful of the parking for this event.
Your ticket stub from the Praise Fest will also get you access into the Surrey Night Market for ½ price, which is only a dollar after the discount. Please go by and check out our neighbors!